Monday, July 23, 2012

FROM THE SANDLOT ARCHIVES... AND A SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!



Dear Reader,

Here's a couple VERY COOL behind the scenes shots from The Sandlot archives.

I had several "GIANT THE BEAST PUPPETS" built for the movie.  One was a completely articulated "Giant The Beast Head" and another was a full over-sized "Giant The Beast Puppet Suit" brought to life by two brave puppeteers actually inside the suit.

They were designed and built by my friend and puppeteer genius Rick Lazarini.










The special announcement is that on August 10th, 2012, I'm bringing THE SANDLOT to Werner Field (home of the Omaha Storm Chasers AAA baseball team), in Omaha Nebraska.  I'll be hosting a showing of the film on the field at night, projected on a giant movie screen in the outfield.  Tickets have so far sold well, and the hope is (with the invaluable help of my friends at 20th Century Fox) to take the film and my little show on the road during the entire 2013 calendar year -- because that's the 20th Anniversary of The Sandlot.  Believe it or not.  Yep.  20 years.

Stay turned here for more announcements as I book more dates.

If you might like The Sandlot to come to a AAA or Major League stadium near you, drop me an email and let me know!

Thanks for reading and check back soon.

And sign up to follow!
Best,

DME



12 comments:

  1. David, so great to see this. Brings back a lot of good memories. And I can't tell you the number of people I talk to who still remember Sandlot as one of their childhood favorites. Hope all goes well my friend. - Rob H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rob, so far the initial event in Omaha is selling well. I'm doing a little radio and TV when I get there a couple days out - so hopefully that will "bring 'em in."

      Delete
  2. We were at the Omaha event and had a great time. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You play ball like a girl :) My kids love this movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I play ball like a pro. Although my daughter plays ball like a girl, and she can out hit and out throw me! Glad you liked the movie and thanks for the good words! DME

      Delete
  4. I took my kids to "Sandlot," and we just loved it, bought the video as soon as it was out. I'm glad to hear it's being re-released on DVD. Thank you for making it.

    Memphis Redbirds (under St. Louis Cardinals) play at Autozone Park in Memphis. Good central location for fans to drive in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, and thank you for being a fan of the film! I'll be in Memphis at AutoZone park this summer for the 20th Anniversary Sandlot Tour, to screen the film. Check my blog for a complete schedule. Best, DME

      Delete
  5. Just got back from our family vacation to Florida. We rented a mini van and were surprised when we discovered the rental had a dvd player. needless to say we stopped off and let the kids pick up some movies and of course they got the Sandlot (our 3rd copy) lol I don't know how many times they watched it during our 20hr drive all I know is that the ride was peaceful. We love this movie and we hope you can bring the 20th anniversary screening to either the Bklyn Cyclones or Staten Island Yankees field in N.Y.C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! In the mid 90's, before dvd players were standard equipment in cars and vans, I had a custom job installed on my Suburban - made road trips (like you say) very quiet. I don't know if the Tour is coming to Staten Island, but the first stop is in Trenton NJ. If that's close enough, I'd love to see you there. Best, DME

      Delete
  6. PLEASE come to Texas!! There are several ballparks to choose from (The Ballpark in Arlington or Dell Diamond to name a couple). There is also a smaller park (LaGrave Field) in Ft. Worth that I think would be perfect! But PLEASE come to Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nevermind, I just saw that you will indeed be playing the movie at the rangers ballpark in arlington! SO EXCITED!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the engagement. It was great meeting and working with you at the Tampa Yankees game. Now when we going to Disneyworld?
    Harry

    ReplyDelete