Friday, April 1, 2011

Dear reader...

I am in the middle of building out my site.  The learning curve on this is a bit steep, but I'm figuring it out pretty quick.  What you will eventually find here is a way to buy my books and screenplays, links to sites and places I like, admire or find interesting, important or hysterical.  I'll also have a small store contained here where you'll be able to get t-shirts and caps with snatches of dialogue from a movie I wrote/produced/directed/narrated: THE SANDLOT.  I can't tell you how many times I've been -- well, anywhere really -- walking along and heard someone quote Squints or Ham or Benny or Yeah-Yeah or Scotty Smalls.  So it seems like a cool idea -- the t-shirts I mean.  I've seen a few on the net and since they all suck, and since whoever-the-hell the people are that are making and selling them are walking all over my copyright, I have a mind to crush them.  Which is always great fun.

I'm getting the first book I intend to offer here ready for purchase/download in as many formats as I can (paperback, Kindle, Nook, iPad etc...) much like a young writer who has a Blog site I admire, Amanda Hocking.  She's got the whole thing seriously dialed in.

The first book is something I've had for a long time and never published.  It's the book upon which I based the first (and record-breaking) script I ever sold, which became the movie RADIO FLYER.

The title of the book is "Robert Radio Flyer, the King of Pacoima."  It was never illustrated, but I'm working out an edition of it that will be -- with some original concept drawings from the film (well, the version of it that I was directing before I was unceremoniously canned as director -- ugh), paintings and what I believe will add the sort of authenticity to the story I think will allow it to live in your eyes as well as your mind, old kodachrome photos from my own childhood.  And since much of the book (and the movie for that matter) is autobiographical (aren't all first novels?) it's my chance to make it exactly the way I want it.

Thanks for reading and check back soon.

DME

1 comment:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete